Our Hobbies by Edgewater College satellite class

Hi! Edgewater Satellite has the opportunity to learn new hobbies this year. In our movie, we showcase the different hobbies that we could do not only to enjoy in our free time but also to socialise with our friends and family. We are so proud of ourselves that this year we are able to learn four different hobbies. Enjoy the Edgewater movie!

***

This year, we included hobbies as part of our curriculum not only to teach the students the skills but also to encourage them to use their free time in a more productive way. They also learn that if they improve their craft they can actually make money out of it in the future. Our students take turns every term to learn a new hobby which they really enjoy. Then at the end of the term, we give them a Certificate of Completion and their finished project to show to their whanau which makes them even prouder of their accomplishments. A big THANK YOU for all the Edgewater satellite staff and Jiten, the woodwork teacher for sharing their skills to our students and being so patient with each one of them. Lastly, we would like to acknowledge the whole class, students and staff, for making this movie possible.

7 thoughts on “Our Hobbies by Edgewater College satellite class

1. hi my name is alivia from pt England school and i like how you guys do hoppies on Wednesday i liked your movie i hope you have a good day

2. Kia Ora Somerville Edgewater,
    I loved your movie about the hobbies you guys do on wednesdays! My favourite part was seeing what you were cooking, it sounds delicious! Loved your movie and all of the hard work that goes into the different hobbies you learn about. Keep up the good work!
    Keira&Taya

3. Hi my name is david. I liked your movie is was all great. The part I liked was when the person holding the microphone walked up to people and talked what there hobbies were. What are you going to make next movie?

4. Kia Ora, Sommerville Edgewater Satellite! My name is Amaziah. I loved your movie about your hobbies. I fully watched it and It was nice! I am intrigue of your work, I see every student making different projects and it was so great! I loved your work, keep it up!

Regards

Amaziah